Exam for naturalization from abroad

If you live abroad with a Dutch partner, you can apply for “naturalization from abroad”. In this case there are two options:

  • You do the exam in The Netherlands. In that case you need to do the complete civic integration exam.
  • You do the exam at the Dutch embassy of your own country. In this case you need tot do 3 exams:
    • speaking
    • Knowledge of Dutch society
    • Electronic Practical Exam

Please, ask at the embassy for more information about how to apply. Or call the Dutch Ministry of foreign affairs: + 31 77 465 67 67. Mondays till Fridays 8:00 – 20:00 hrs.

More information At the website of the Dutch government: www.rijksoverheid.nl